they await,
quite patiently and longingly
to witness the aftermath that never was
the aftermath of self-destruction.
Arms wrapped lovingly around
the bundle of blankets, and hot chocolate
from which hands are gathering warmth
amidst cold and unkindly deserts.
The moon shines brightly tonight
it seems symbolic of love (in the hay-day)
A constant, cruel reminder of coy smiles
and hands slithering down one's pants,
Of a confused mixture of lust and need
confused with lovely feelings of love.
Tired eyes which find it hard to blink again
and lift themselves up to stand up to a world of pain
terrible tragedies trigger unfamiliar emotions
they're as real as the silken clouds seen often in paintings..
As the earth shakes beneath those feet once more
Those eyes, they search for a lighthouse, the silver lining.
2 comments:
That's the thing with pain, isn't it? It remains hidden within the mesh of wiry nerve centers, only to rear its head when you least expect it to and turns the most colorful of sceneries to a monochrome grey.I have often wondered if 'pain' has a color other than the grey that I generally associate it with. Maybe I'll read some more of 'Indian Rain' to figure out :-)
P.S.-The feedjit tracker is quite handy, wotsay?
P.P.S.- See you around on the blogosphere!
Hello again!
I would have to disagree with you on everything turning grey when pain, the uninvited and unexpected guest, emerges from our dusty neural recesses. Pain makes everything even more colourful to me- pain is different shades of red, with some brown, some orange.. all solid dark colours.. but blotchy.. nothing is smooth about these colours. I think it is because I associate the same intensity with pain as I do love, jealousy, hatred, and other similar passion-bred emotions..Grey, I associate with the monsoons, and grey makes me smile and I feel secure in it's melancholy. In fact, I associate grey with romance!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.. I enjoyed thinking in colours for a while-never thought I was capable of it.
P.S. Yes! Feedjit is pretty cool since I'm so curious to know who (if anyone) reads my blog! And yes, see you around blogger-friend :)
Post a Comment