I dance when I'm sad
I dance to settle the stomach
when there's too much food inside
I dance to let those tears fall;
the tears I don't want to wipe
I dance to bathe myself in sunshine
My river running along on my side
I dance when there are currents of tension,
over-analysis, a little beyond redemption
I dance to cover the pain caused by
others, and some from self-infliction
I dance to feel sexy and strong
and quite darn good enough
I dance to feel beautiful
I dance in your imaginary arms
and in front of an ephemeral audience that sits
in awe of Me and my apparent Perfection.
3 comments:
"coz your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine" :D
I really, really love this by the way... it's amazing. Also, where in India do you want to work? It's amazing that you want to be a vet in India! That's DEF a very new field in India that could use your help :)
Not sure, Priya. As options open up, I suppose. Word of mouth is one's biggest asset (and enemy!) in the field of Wildlife medicine. Hence, a few years of experience in the US and wherever else time will take me.. and hopefully that path is headed in India's direction..! :)
Post a Comment