Your smile is so contemptuous
it seeps through your eyes
that are the shape of footballs
the kind the Americans devised.
Your eyes, they reek of agonizing mystery
Mysterious like flowing river
With no end and no beginning
with a little past, but more history
Troublesome, those troubled eyes
they make me wonder endlessly
However did they come to be
that they even did come to be
Your eyes, grey like dark monsoon clouds,
pregnant with disarming emotion;
conniving, piercing, charming, devout
a delightfully confusing concoction
11 comments:
Hey! Thanks so much for the sentiments you expressed on my blog. I just loved how you mentioned how everything we think is "organized." This is so true in a lot of ways since we've been conditioned since we were young.
Any suggestion for a book that might introduce me to this teacher?
Also... I love that line "pregnant with disarming emotion." :)
Hi Priya,
I was thinking about which book to suggest to you since I've read only two books of JK's. I started with a compilation of some of his talks titled "The Mind of J. Krishnamurti" which gives an initial insight into thinking sprinkled with the editors' observations. The other book that I've read and really liked was "Meditations" by JK. Short excerpts from his talks but ones that trigger interesting thought processes! Check out his website for some videos of him talking and talks in print: http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/
Really, if you just go to any library and pick up one of his books randomly, you will have hit a jackpot.. or maybe I am just biased :)
Yay! Thanks so much for the suggestions. This will be added to the holiday reading list and I'll definitely check out his talks.
I'll write back in a week or two once I've gotten a chance to to really sit down and take a look!
i like this :)
thanks di!!
Hey! I miss your posts. Keep writing. :) I just checked out The Mind of J. Krishnamurthi.
Thanks so much!!!!
hehe! Yea I'm a little blank nowadays..waiting for the words to come to me :)
Enjoy the book!
Merrrryy christmas!!! So funny how you can feel like you can get to know people through blogging! It makes the world feel very small.
Priya! Wish you the same :) I feel that way too..have made some cool blogger friends, and that includes you :) However, to me, it makes the world seem intricate and endless in its 'smallness'..after all, there is so much to learn from each seemingly inconsequential life!!
I completely agree. You are missed. COME BACK! :) I finished the J. Krishnamurthi book- AMAZING!
Oh Priya, I'm glad at least you read the stuff I write. But what do I say..my brain has gone on vacation again..I am itching to write as well, believe me!! :)
Post a Comment