I have never been very good at bidding adieu; the dreaded 'farewell', as I see it, is an artform that requires courage and honesty in the way that ensures that true final feelings are expressed with poise, leaving one completely satisfied. And most importantly, it requires a conducive atmosphere- private, sacred, unrestricted. What is the perfect farewell? I believe there is such a thing. Is it unspoken? Being the introvert that I am, I would like to believe that it is, always. But who is to know..? Maybe it is subjective...
A good friend closed one chapter today to start a new one in an entirely different, stranger land. Talk about change. He didn't just move to another city; another city in another state in another country in another continent...That is a big change..a change more permanent to the ones left behind.
So here it is, dear friend. My perfect farewell to you, in unspoken words. You have been an unexpected support at unexpected times. In the three years that I have known you, you have had a mysteriously positive (or positively mysterious, whichever way you want to look at it!) effect on me. You are like a mirror, reflecting what one is and one sees, with eyes and a smile that are comforting and reassuring. May you continue to be Blessed. With love and pride, I wish you a happy and serendipitous life.
A good friend closed one chapter today to start a new one in an entirely different, stranger land. Talk about change. He didn't just move to another city; another city in another state in another country in another continent...That is a big change..a change more permanent to the ones left behind.
So here it is, dear friend. My perfect farewell to you, in unspoken words. You have been an unexpected support at unexpected times. In the three years that I have known you, you have had a mysteriously positive (or positively mysterious, whichever way you want to look at it!) effect on me. You are like a mirror, reflecting what one is and one sees, with eyes and a smile that are comforting and reassuring. May you continue to be Blessed. With love and pride, I wish you a happy and serendipitous life.
1 comment:
Milna hai to bichadna bhi hai,
Yehi duniya ki reet hai,
Sabse milna aur bichadna,
Ye sab jeeven ke likhe sangeet hain!!
Milkar bhi log aksar bichade se rehte hain,
Duniya ke mele main khud ko kaafi tanha mahsoos karte hain,
Shukriya ada karta hoon main tahe dil se,
Un lamhon ka jisme hamari dosti kaid hai!!!
Post a Comment