Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Liberation

freedom is what we want when
we give ourselves
to the cause
of self-liberation
confessions wrapped in fine linen,
cotton silk or another fabric
we melt our chocolate and feed it to the needy
we hope they will speak some sweet words
then we will feel
chastised; we can walk
head held high
we can feel
free.

And when we need another shot of the whatsitcalled
we will come back to melt and bake and
throw our hands up in the air
while we swallow the lump in our throats,
which means different things within different people,
we will throw our hands up in the air
and cry with joy
because we have been chastised.

3 comments:

Priya Shankar said...

Hi love!

It's actually a class about pathanjali's yogasutras and meditation starting off with lectures by sri sri ravi shankar and followed by an hour or so of meditation. I've never had a 'guru' and this is my first glimpse of his take on things, but I am TOTALLY loving the class and learning so much from it. It runs for another ten weeks, so I'll keep you posted how it goes.

By the way, I loveee yoga and meditation, but stilllll feel dance is the ultimate form of yoga/meditation for the soul and spirit.

I so wish we could meet someday too! =) But first you gotta tell me what your name is!!

Priya Shankar said...

btw, can I just say I really like your poem - forever and after =)

eLmoNiv said...

glad you liked the poem, Priya! :)

Since I'd like to keep anonymity on this blog would you mind if you emailed me or I emailed you and we can talk more freely about so many things. How does that sound to you?

email: nivea86@gmail.com